I am a friendly, adventurous and enthusiastic Restaurant Manager with great attention to detail and a passion for high-end culinary arts. I have a proven track record of boosting sales as I strive to deliver the best possible experience for those dining in any restaurant that I manage. I always ensure that I am smartly presented at all times to encourage a positive reputation for the restaurant, and reflect this in the way in which I approach both staff and customers alike. I consider myself to be a hands-on and rational leader with the ability to lead a team and resolve conflicts.
|Mar 2016 – Present
||Restaurant Manager Skyward Restaurant
Main duties performed:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the restaurant on a day-to-day basis
- Maximising business opportunities to drive sales and increase exposure
- Managing the restaurant according to Food Safety guidelines ensuring that the environment is strictly hygienic at all times
- Planning, structuring and producing restaurant menus and promoting special offers or new dishes to customers
- Encouraging and motivating staff to work to their full potential through training, feedback, rewards and appraisals
- Constructing weekly rotas ensuring that there are available members of staff at all times to ensure the smooth running of the restaurant
- Monitoring staff hygiene and customer service on a daily basis
- Overseeing client bookings & reservations
- Monitoring stock and budget and keeping accurate statistical records
- Dealing with and resolving customer complaints in a professional manner
- Producing sales and performance reports for the restaurant owners
|Dec 2013 – Feb 2016
||Assistant Manager Cinnamon
Main duties performed:
- Directly supervising and assisting a team of 6 staff on a daily basis
- Maintaining restaurant standards in regards to presentation, cleanliness, etc.
- Checking the quality of received goods from external food suppliers
- Suggesting marketing ideas in order to attract more customers
|Jul 2013 – Nov 2013
Main duties performed:
- Welcoming and greeting customers to the restaurant
- Reflecting a good knowledge of all cuisine and drinks to answer customer queries or make suggestions
- Communicating with the customers to ensure that they are satisfied with their food and take action accordingly
- Maintaining hygiene standards at all times and ensuring that all tables are cleaned before and after service
- Ensuring communication between the restaurant and the kitchen is accurate in order to produce the correct orders that are required
- NVQ Level 3 in Hospitality Supervision
- Hospitality and Catering Online Course (City College Plymouth)
- Essential Management Skills (5-day course)
- Possessing charisma and personality to enthuse, lead and train new staff
- Diplomatic and presentable when dealing with customers’ enquiries, requests, needs or complaints; ensuring that 100% customer satisfaction is maintained
- Great attention to detail and dependable to deliver top service at all times
- Full, clean driving license with own method of transportation
Hobbies and interests
I take pride in having a healthy lifestyle and therefore tend to spend my free time keeping fit through cycling, hill climbing and swimming. I also enjoy spending time watching cookery programmes, discovering new recipes online and hosting dinner parties on weekends because my passion for food lies both inside and outside of work.
Mr Anthony Johns
Manager, Skyward Restaurant
3 Field Rd, Portland, PO4 1YT
0773 4568 5099
Mrs Julia Poole
7 Albert Rd, Surrey, SU1 3PX
0770 8094 6733
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample (blank).
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
- Organisational skills: To be a successful Restaurant Manager it is essential that you possess excellent organisational skills and the ability to utilise this skill in a fast-paced, busy working environment. Taking on this role is a huge responsibility, and you must be able to ensure the smooth running of the restaurant, dealing with emergencies, managing catering staff and ensuring health & safety and hygiene regulations and policies are adhered to at all times. None of this can be realised unless one is organised. Keeping to schedules, delegating work to staff, working in a methodical manner and planning ahead are some of the key attributes that you would want to mention on your CV, together with some real-world examples.
£18.000 – £30.000
Degree or Relevant Work Experience
37+ hours per week
Ability to communicate effectively with both staff and customers alike
Ability to listen to customer’s concerns and complaints
Excellent organisation skills to balance a heavy workload and ensuring no deadlines are missed
Paying attention to every aspect of the task or project and ensuring that no “small details” are overlooked
Exceptional leadership skills to manage, inspire and lead a team and ensuring the smooth running of the restaurant
Dealing with numbers and figures in a financial context