I am seeking a sales-oriented position that enables me to utilise and fortify the attributes, skills and personal qualities I currently have and to make a real, tangible difference in the company that I work for. I have always been an extremely hands-on, practical and energetic worker and am very experienced with providing excellent customer service at all times and in all circumstances. I have a “can-do” attitude, and I enjoy overcoming challenges.
|2006 – 2008
||Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in Business
- The Business Environment (Distinction)
- Introduction to Marketing (Distinction)
- Product Marketing Research (Merit)
- Supporting Business Activities (Distinction)
|2004 – 2006
- English Language (A)
- Mathematics (C)
- Business Studies (B)
- Economics (C)
- History (A)
- Information Technology (B)
- Psychology (A)
|Apr 2010 – Present
||Sales Assistant Maplin Electronics
Main duties performed:
- Opening up and closing the shop for two days a week
- Assisting with the day-to-day running of the shop
- Meeting and greeting customers and tailoring services and selected products to meet their needs and expectations
- Handling customer payments, refunds, complaints, compliments, etc.
- Meeting sales targets and marketing the company’s special offers
- Providing training to work experience Sales Assistants from the local schools
- Liaising with head office and suppliers regarding stock replenishment
|Feb 2009 – Apr 2010
||Sales and Marketing Assistant Next
Main duties performed:
- Acting as the first point of contact for the shop’s existing and new customers
- Till operation, serving customers and directing them around the shop
- Handling customer queries and complaints on a day to day basis.
- Recording and maintaining customer records and sales inquiries
- Keeping calm and professional when dealing with aggressive customers
- Giving expert advice on product selection to customers
- Arranging window displays (and special promotions)
- General cleaning and maintenance of the shop.
|Jun 2008 – Feb 2009
||Receptionist Vivic Ltd.
Main duties performed:
- Greeting customers and visitors and acting as the “face of the company”
- General Admin duties: phoning, filing, printing, photocopying, etc.
- Dealing with customer complaints & compliments in a professional manner
Professional Training and Qualifications
- Five-day Sales Bootcamp – Charted Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Level 2 Award in Effective Team Member Skills – ILM
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Outstanding Persuasion and Negotiation skills
- Being able to relate to and provide service for customers’ needs & requirements
- Deep knowledge of the selling process and the ability to put it into practice
Hobbies and interests
I have previously been involved in organised charity events as well as completing short runs to help raise money for events. In my spare time, I surf the web and enjoy spending time with my family and friends and also meeting new people from all backgrounds.
Ms Lauren Walsh
Sales Manager, Next.
76 Boat Lane, Randal, RS3 1TY
0223 6235 2730
Mr John Steele
Senior Sales Assistant, Maplin Electronics.
86 Monks Way, Tonbridge, TN9 3QE
0080 6181 2193
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample.
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
Top CV Tips and Guidelines
- Always have some sort of work experience on your CV, even if it is just a voluntary part-time position at your local grocery shop. You CV will look so much better once you have some sort of work experience included and CVs with no experience are hardly ever given any attention.
- Ensure that you mention the most important sales skills that a Sales professional requires in order to do their job to a high standard; Communication, Negotiation, Persuasion and Customer-Service skills.
- Focus your CV on results rather than on activities. What tangible difference did you make in your previous job? How good of a salesperson were you? Demonstrate that you are excellent at sales by highlighting some of your previous success because that will make the prospective employer think: “s/he has done it before for someone else; s/he can do it again for me.”
- Final tip: always double/triple check your CV and ask yourself the question: “Would I really give this person [i.e. yourself] such and such salary?” You have to be honest because the first test you will face will not be in the Sales Assistant job, but on how effective you use your CV to sell yourself!
Working on your CV? Awesome!