I am a creative, artistic and ambitious Graphics Designer with a talent for thinking outside the box and coming up with innovative ideas and designs. I graduated with a 1st Class honours degree from Kingston University and subsequently have worked in the design industry for the past 2 years. I pride myself in providing excellent service to all stakeholders and seeing the positive impact I make in people’s lives and businesses.
|Mar 2015 – Present||Graphic Designer Gorgeous Graphics|
Main duties performed:
- Meeting with clients, discussing their requirements and negotiating the suitability (and practicality) of their ideas for their budget
- Brainstorming ideas with other designers to come up with appropriate designs for clients’ advertisements on social media and television
- Calculating costs of proposed design
- Presenting all potential ideas to clients along with potential limitations and drawbacks (when applicable)
- Providing expert advice on branding and digital marketing
- Utilising cutting-edge software to design logos, icons, websites, banners, posters, leaflets & booklets, adverts, popup stands and other promotional materials for a variety of different clients from all industries
- Taking, manipulating and uploading pictures and photos for digital use
- Holding regular meetings with clients and co-designers in order to discuss the progress of the work and make necessary amendments or changes
- Liaising with third-party printing companies to get the products printed, packaged and delivered
- Providing aftercare services to all clients
- Handling the day-to-day activities of the business such as dealing with unpaid invoices, placing orders and e-mailing customers directly
|Sep 2014 – Jan 2015||Assistant Graphic Designer Tesco Plc|
Main duties performed:
- Brainstorming ideas with senior designers on the most appropriate and cost-effective advertising content to promote the company
- Presenting proposed designs to senior designers and top-management for approval, along with potential costs incurred + project timeline
- Utilising specialised computer software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Corel Draw to design effective advertisements based on approved designs
- Reviewing work for any errors before printing and delivering them
- Performing general admin duties across the Marketing department
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop certified – Certitec (2015)
- Online Copywriting Course – CIM (2014)
- Microsoft Office Specialist- Expert
- Creative skills: Adept at coming up with cutting-edge ideas that challenge the norms of conventional advertising whichever the medium.
- Time-management skills: Confident in working with numerous projects at one time and able to prioritise tasks well for on-time and successful completion.
- Technical abilities: Expert knowledge of famous design software in the industry including, but not limited to, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and other programs.
- Presentation Skills: Confident speaking in front of large and high-profile audiences and able to get my points across clearly and effectively.
Hobbies and interests
In my spare time, I enjoy my weekly running classes that I started to attend recently at my local gym. I also enjoy spending time with friends and reading up on new trends in graphic design so that I may adapt them to suit my own designs for the company.
Mr Harry Lawrence
Senior Graphics Designer, Gorgeous Graphics Address:
7 New Rd, Ealing, E58 1YC Tel:
0723 3511 4562 Email: email@example.com
Mrs Sandra Manning
Manager, Tesco Plc Address:
16 First Rd, Berkshire, BE1 5FY Tel:
0780 7421 3451 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample (blank).
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
- Portfolio: The good news is that, unlike many other forms of employment, Graphics Designers require little higher education or on-the-job training in order to get started with their careers. What employers tend to value the most is having a comprehensive portfolio which showcase your previous projects and the skills that you used in order to successfully complete them. These projects could have been completed during NVQ courses, on a freelance and self-employment basis or even as part of your hobby. You can then briefly refer to these projects on your CV in order to demonstrate that you have the relevant work experience in order to be successful at this role.
£18.000 – £50.000
Degree and Relevant Work Experience
37+ hours per week
Ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical clients
Producing excellent designs that meet user requirements
Ability to use a computer effectively to accomplish tasks
Excellent listening skills during meetings and other business interactions
Eye for Detail
Paying attention to every aspect of the task or project and ensuring that no “small details” are overlooked
Ability to “think outside the box” and come up with novel designs