I am an extremely hard working and driven Soil Scientist with over two years experience of researching and documenting soil properties, mapping contaminated land, evaluating ecological remediation, conserving groundwater and monitoring the environment. I can directly apply my specialist knowledge to real life situations to successfully analyse and interpret samples, data, and information. I am currently looking for a challenging opportunity within the geo-environmental industry.
|Aug 2015 – Present
||Soil Scientist Bio World Services
Main duties performed:
- Conducting site investigation studies for local authorities and private clients
- Carrying out soil and ground studies across various sites in the UK
- Performing soil, gas and water sampling and monitoring
- Assessing soil chemistry and understanding the nature of soil constituents and their interactions, the assessment of soil fertility and crop nutrition
- Modelling information using specialist computer systems
- Writing technical scientific and non-scientific reports and papers
- Producing geomorphological, lithological and hydrogeological maps
- Managing and coordinating teams and field projects
- Recommending land management strategies to landowners and local councils
- Giving presentations and attending meetings, events and conferences
- Monitoring crop production and pollution control
- Ensuring the reduction of soil degradation
- The management of land, including regular irrigation assessments of potential soil structure degradation
- Recycling of organic materials to land (e.g. farmyard manures, compost, etc.)
- Producing environmental benefit statements for land remediation
|Mar 2014 – Jul 2015
||Microbiology Analyst Stansted Laboratories Ltd
Main duties performed:
- Performing microbiological analysis of water and soil samples and identifying particular microorganisms
- Writing technical reports and inputting data on specialist computer systems
- Presenting results and findings to senior supervisors, scientists and clients
- Completing scheduled laboratory and equipment maintenance and cleaning
- Working in a scientific team with specialist equipment
- Regularly liaising with colleagues, admin staff and external professionals
- Attended the 5th Global Workshop on Digital Soil Mapping held in Denmark
- Enzymes in the Environment; Ecology and Applications (BSSS)
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) – BSC
- • Field work and computer-based information gathering
- • Data collection, correlation, interpretation and analysis
- • Laboratory techniques that include DNA extractions and GC analysis
- • IT skills: MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), ArcGIS, Statistical software (MiniTab and R Software) and Soil Modelling programs (DNDC).
Hobbies and interests
In my spare time, I regularly attend events held by The BSSS where I’m able to meet distinguished scientists and keep up to date with the latest developments and research in the field. Furthermore, I enjoy travelling with my family to discover and explore new environments, landmarks, cultures and cuisine.
Mr William Anderson
Head Scientist, Bio World Services
50 Edmund Rd, Chester, CY2 9DA
0833 4567 2346
Mrs Kelly Blank
Senior Researcher, Stansted Laboratories Ltd
Left Road, Devon, DP1 3FQ
0980 3456 7655
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample (blank).
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
- CV Length: The general rule of thumb is to limit the length of your CV to 2 A4 pages. For certain professionals with senior-level jobs and extensive work experience, as may be the case with this job position, it is acceptable to go into three pages whenever absolutely required. However, short and concise CVs are still favourable.
Written by Sobhan Mohmand
Sobhan is a qualified Careers Advisor and Professional CV Writer with over 10 years of experience in helping job seekers get a job. He is a Member of the Careers Development Institute (CDI) and is listed on the official UK Register of Career Development Professionals. He holds a Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development (QCF).
£18.000 – £38.000
Degree and Work Experience
37+ hours per week
Using scientific experiments to come up with statistically significant conclusions
Ability to read scientific literature in a selective and focused manner
Ability to research and examine a matter in a focused manner
Working in an organised and systematic manner to accomplish a variety of tasks
Utilising analytical skills to identify and solve problems
Ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and effectively to a broad range of people, including government officials, landowners and the general public