A hard-working, driven and motivated Laundry Worker with extensive experience in providing hospitality and laundry services in domestic, care and commercial environments. I have the natural ability and the appropriate skills to work in customer-focused organisations with great enthusiasm and dedication. I am patient, understanding and flexible on the hours and shifts I work.
|Mar 2013 – Present||Laundry Assistant G.S Laundry|
Main duties performed:
- Washing, drying and ironing sheets, towels, bedding, and clothes
- Loading machines with items
- Folding clothes before bagging them
- Sorting items according to colour, size, type and fabric
- Performing minor repairs of garments (when appropriate)
- Labeling items
- Thoroughly cleaning the laundry room on a daily basis (e.g. sweeping, washing, wiping, vacuuming, polishing, etc)
- Ensuring that the laundry room was tidy and accessible at all times
- Checking items for damage, rips or stains
- Tidying up the wardrobes and drawers of the customers
- Answering customers’ queries (face-to-face, over the phone and through e-mail)
- Getting the customer’s washing returned in a timely manner
- Handling Cash
- General day-to-day duties of running and maintaining a laundry room
- Operating various machines
- Marketing the company’s services
- Building friendly and professional relationships with clients
- Providing excellent customer service at all times
|Dec 2012 – Mar 2013||Laundry Operative Morgan House Ltd.|
Main duties performed:
- Primarily responsible for washing, drying and ironing linens and towels
- Collecting laundry from clients
- Loading items into the machines
- Hanging washed items onto drying racks
- Separating wash and dry clean items
- Replenishing the linen store
- Putting items away in customers’ rooms in a tidy and professional manner
- Using chemicals to remove stains before processing it into the machines
- Unloading and reloading laundry deliveries
- Cleaning out the washing machines, dryers and iron
- Abiding by all health & safety regulations at all times
- Completing relevant paperwork and tagging
- Reporting any damages to the Laundry Supervisor at the earliest opportunity
- Providing customer aftercare
Professional Training and Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and time management skills
- The ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Dealing with stressful situations and remaining in control at all times
- Computer skills (email, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Emergency First Aid
- Punctual with excellent attendance record
- Excellent data management and interpretation skills
- Outstanding analytic and research skills
- The ability to manage time efficiently, multi-task and work to deadlines
Hobbies and interests
Outside of work, I like to spend time with my friends and family. I really enjoy watching movies on weekends, and I also like to keep fit which is why I regularly go to the park for jogging and cycling.
Mr Samuel Jackson
Senior Laundry Worker, G.S Laundry Address:
12 Warren St, West Burton, RH20 9PB Tel:
0209 4563 8865 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Samantha Thomas
HR Officer, Morgan House Ltd. Address:
24 Uxbridge Road, Slough, PH23 5QE Tel:
0253 3485 3434 Email: email@example.com
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample.
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
Top CV Tips and Guidelines
- Ensure that you mention all the skills that are required to do the job such as communication and customer service skills, multitasking and working under pressure.
- You should mention on your CV, or on the accompanied Cover Letter, all the experience you have in the laundry (including the machines and equipment that you have used) whether that was in commercial or domestic environments.
Working on your CV? Awesome!