I am an enthusiastic, hard-working and disciplined Catering Assistant with excellent track-record in working in the food industry. I am friendly individual with a great passion for food; I enjoy socialising with people, and my exceptional customer service skills have earned me the award of “Employee of the Month” twice in a row.
|Dec 2015 – Present
||Catering Assistant Lily’s Restaurant
Main duties performed:
- Serving customers and ensuring customer satisfaction at all times
- Assisting the chef with washing, peeling, chopping and preparing of meat, vegetables and fruit
- Making hot drinks; coffee, tea and other drinks
- Handling payments and operating the till
- Ensuring that all utensils and cutlery are clean before and after use
- Washing the dishes in a timely manner
- Ensuring that all work surfaces, eating areas and food preparation equipment (coffee machines, ovens, fridges, etc.) are clean and hygienic
- Sweeping, hovering, mopping and deep-cleaning the kitchen and eating areas
- Conducting regular stock checks and ordering more in when necessary
- Ensuring strict adherence to food hygiene regulations at all times
- Performing any other basic food preparation duties
|Aug 2013 – Jun 2014
||Waiter Lloyds Fine Dining
Main duties performed:
- Welcoming diners and ushering them to their seats
- Handing out menus and telling the diners about the specials of the day
- Recommending and suggesting dishes (when requested)
- Serving food and drinks in a distinguished and courteous manner
- Dealing with customer feedback, complaints and compliments
|BTEC General Cookery in Hospitality
- Serving Food & Drink
- Food Preparation & Cooking
- Food Safety in Catering
- Preparing & Serving Drinks
- Employability And Communication Skills
|2009 – 2013
Results: 7 GCSEs at Grades A-C, including Maths and English
||Monk’s Hill School
- Currently completing a Level 2 Diploma in Food Safety in Catering
- Physically fit: Able to stand and be on the move for hours without a problem
- Attention to detail: skilful at spotting dirt in utensils, cutlery as well as stray hairs in food and therefore ensuring customer satisfaction at all times
- Arithmetic skills: I have a talent for performing quick mental calculations, and I am able to estimate quantities and volume by looking at the ingredients.
- Flexible working hours: Minimal home-based commitments enable me to switch shifts with colleagues at the last minute and work overtime.
Hobbies and interests
In my spare time, I enjoy going out with my friends, staying active and playing football on a weekly basis. I also love cooking up a storm in the kitchen and regularly experiment with new recipes.
Mrs Katarina Summers
Catering Manager, Lily’s Restaurant
50 Edmund Rd, Essex, EK4 1ZB
0753 4567 6874
Mr Ben Clark
Supervisor, Lloyds Fine Dining
8 Main Rd, Clay, CO1 8FQ
0750 6579 9074
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample (blank).
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
- Work experience: Working as a Catering Assistant means that you will constantly be working in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment and be constantly on your feet. There are two ways to make your CV stand out for this job: a) gain some work experience by volunteering, b) place the “Employment and Work Experience” before the “Education” section emphasising your practical skills and personal attributes.
- CV Length: The length of Catering Assistant CV should ideally be one or two pages long (max). If you’re a school leaver or a person who hasn’t “done” much in their career to date, then a 1-page CV should suffice and will not be held against you. Remember the saying: “I didn’t have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.”
Written by Sobhan Mohmand
Sobhan is a qualified Careers Advisor and Professional CV Writer with over 10 years of experience in helping job seekers get a job. He is a Member of the Careers Development Institute (CDI) and is listed on the official UK Register of Career Development Professionals. He holds a Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development (QCF).
Ability to communicate with customers in a clear and audible fashion
Ability to listen to customer’s concerns and complaints
Ensuring that no “small details” are overlooked when preparing and serving food
Ability to care for and empathise with customer’s needs by providing unforgettable customer service
Working with other catering staff in a supportive and constructive manner
The flexibility to handle different jobs and tasks in a fast-paced work environment