I am a skilled, dedicated and hardworking Mail Sorter with over three years of work experience in this field. I am exceptionally good at achieving targets and meeting deadlines, and I have a natural drive to complete any task that I have been assigned.
|Sept 2011 – Present
||Mail Sorter Royal Mail
Main duties performed:
- Offloading of mail bags from delivery trucks and vans
- Loading bags onto vans (after sorting)
- Sorting mail, packets, parcels and other deliverable items
- Sorting incoming and outgoing packages by postcode
- Scanning items on PDA’s (for Next Day Tracked and Special Delivery)
- Logging of the sorted mail to the system database
- Ensuring that items are ready for dispatch on the given timetable
- Separating 1st Class and 2nd Class mail
- Categorising items (Standard, Next Day, Signed For, Recorded)
- Weighting parcels and large items
- Partook in the training of Integrated Mail Processors (IMPs)
- Providing assistance for other colleagues (if and when required)
- Conducting inspections on products
- Searching directories to find correct addresses (if and when required)
- Lifting, carrying and pushing heavy objects in the distribution warehouse
- Always adhering to Health and Safety Regulations in the workspace
|Feb 2011 – Sept 2011
||Parcel Sorter TNT
Main duties performed:
- Working as part of a team to get parcels ready for delivery on time
- Sorting parcels into correct categories
- Bagging and labelling items for its destination
- Quality control to check for any damages, scratches, etc.
- Scanning tracked items using a handheld scanner
- Manually weighing of parcels
- Distributing parcels to the right bays or dispatch areas after sorting
|2008 – 2010
Results: English: B Maths: C Business: C
||East Sunderland College
|2001 – 2008
||Bretton Woods Community School
- English: B
- Maths: C
- ICT: C
- Science: D
- Geography: A
- Business: C
- History: C
- Art: B
- Using mail sorting machines in the warehouse – Royal Mail
- Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Excellent scanning and sorting skills
- Exceptional ability to work for long periods while standing
- Hand sorting mail and parcels with high speed and accuracy
- Outstanding ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced workplace
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible at short notice and with excellence
Hobbies and interests
I enjoy going to the gym, spending time my family and friends and I love being outdoors in the garden reading my favourite books. I am an energetic individual who enjoys a wide range of sports such as table tennis, badminton and cricket.
Mr Sebastian Peacock
Assistant Manager, TNT
62 Station Rd, Summer, CT3 6NN
0253 2346 9767
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample (blank).
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
- The Mail Sorter role is a good example of entry-level jobs that do not require any specific or high-level of education. It is therefore advisable to focus more on your previous work experience and skills rather than your educational achievements; place the Personal Profile, Achievements and Employment sections of your CV ahead of the Education section.
- The length of your CV should be ideally between 1 and 2 pages max. If you’re a school leaver or a person who hasn’t “done” much in their career, then a 1-page CV should suffice, and there is no need to try to fill the 2 pages.
Written by Sobhan Mohmand
Sobhan is a qualified Careers Advisor and Professional CV Writer with over 10 years of experience in helping job seekers get a job. He is a Member of the Careers Development Institute (CDI) and is listed on the official UK Register of Career Development Professionals. He holds a Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development (QCF).
Ability to stay motivated despite facing obstacles and setbacks
Ability to multitask in a busy work environment
Allocating one’s own time in a systematic manner to complete work efficiently
Physical strength for lifting and handling goods, parcels, letters and equipment
The condition of being physically fit and healthy and being able to stand for a long period of time without a break
Attention to Detail
Ensuring that no “small details” are overlooked