As a hard-working and proactive individual with three years’ experience in retail stock handling, I re-visited education in the form of an apprenticeship to take my skills and knowledge further. This has, together with my previous work experience, enabled me to work safely and productively in a warehouse environment with heavy goods, machinery and hazardous materials. I am fully capable of taking on a Warehouse Assistant/Operative role with a view to working up to managing a warehouse in the future.
|Sept 2014 – July 2016
||Work Experience (part of Level 2/3 qualification)
Main duties performed:
- Worked as part of a warehouse team at Water Mill Industries
- Record-keeping and transfers of heavy plumbing equipment
- Processing, packing and assembling orders for dispatch
- Using equipment to move goods, i.e. hoist and forklift truck
|Sept 2010 – Nov 2011
||Warehouse Assistant Argos
Main duties performed:
- Accepting, moving, checking and storing incoming goods on a daily basis
- Loading and unloading vans, lorries and other transport vehicles
- Printing of delivery barcodes, delivery notes and customer address labels
- Packaging and labelling products before they are sent out
- Selecting the space for storage and arranging for goods to be stored in their appropriate places
- Rewriting labels and reorganising stock on a regular basis
- Communicating orders to the rest of the team
- Keeping the working environment clean and safe for everyone to work in
- Liaising by radio to customer desk
- Regularly checking equipment to ensure that they are in working order
- Working night shifts to help cope with demand (if and when required)
- Keeping an eye on stock rotation
- Dealing with customer enquiries regarding damaged or missing goods
- Forklift truck license
- BTEC level 1 Workskills (QCF) – PASS
- Fire Safety Training – passed with 80%
- Full UK driving license and own car
- First aid qualification from St John’s Ambulance
- Can lift, load and unload heavy goods and materials
- Can work methodically and at speed without compromising on quality
- Able to maintain a safe, clean and tidy working environment
- Comfortable working with computer databases for inputting and retrieving data
Hobbies and interests
Aside from my interest in storage and logistics of goods, I enjoy socialising with my friends and family over the weekends. I regularly go to the gym to keep fit and healthy, and I still get involved every summer with Help the Hospice and Argos partnership events to raise money for charity.
Mr Jack Slater
Warehouse Manager, Watermill Industries
8 Clock Rd, Smethwick, SJ4 1YQ
0743 5678 6784
Mr Muhammad Ali
Stock Officer, Argos
2 Green Ln, Leeds, LJ2 37E
0740 5673 4568
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample (blank).
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
- CV length: The general rule regarding the length of a CV is to make it as short and concise as possible. If you haven’t got a lot of previous work experience or education; your CV should be 1 A4 page long. This is perfectly fine and acceptable, and there is no need to fill another page with useless “fluff”; it is not the length but the content that really matters.
Written by Sobhan Mohmand
Sobhan is a qualified Careers Advisor and Professional CV Writer with over 10 years of experience in helping job seekers get a job. He is a Member of the Careers Development Institute (CDI) and is listed on the official UK Register of Career Development Professionals. He holds a Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development (QCF).
£12.000 – £18.000
37+ hours per week
Attention to Detail
Providing accurate and consistent results with no mistakes
Working with others in a supportive and constructive manner
Having practical and hands-on experience of working in a warehouse environment with goods, products, tools and equipment
Having a positive attitude in all aspects of your job and the dertermination to do the job to the best of your ability
The flexibility to handle different jobs, tasks and projects when required
Physical strength for lifting and handling goods and equipment