I am a confident, caring, assertive and organised Teaching Assistant looking for a new opportunity to make a real difference into the lives of young learners. My main goal in life is to ensure young children are supported and encouraged to achieve their full potential. I am a complete ‘all-rounder’, and I can adapt to any situation, in particular to situations surrounding young learners and their educational environment.
|2010 – 2012
||FdEd Education Studies for Teaching Assistants
||Bath Spa University
- Planning, Delivery & Assessment of Learning
- Supporting Language & Literacy
- Supporting Individuals and Groups
- Reflective Practitioner – Research in the Educational Workplace
- Learning, Theory and Practice
|2007 – 2009
Results: English: A* Maths: B Business: A
||Easington East College
|Feb 2013 – Present
||Teaching Assistant (TA) Leeds High School
Main duties performed:
- Taking a small group of learners for additional lessons
- Preparing class registers and accurately and timely updating learners’ records
- Monitoring and recording pupil activities
- Regularly giving feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour
- Producing individual learning plans tailored to specific students and their learning needs
- Liaising with students, teachers, learning mentors, youth workers and peer groups as required.
- Working with SEN (special educational needs) children on a one-to-one basis providing them with extra support and assistance in the classroom
- Support the Teacher with marking students’ assignments
- Planning learning activities & school trips with teachers
- ICT Support
|Sept 2012 – Feb 2013
||Classroom Assistant Woodbridge Academy
Main duties performed:
- Supporting with the delivery of lessons, workshops and tutorials
- Participating in one-to-one support and group activities
- Admin duties such as phoning, filing and answering emails
- Contacting parents regarding student’s educational performance
- Tidy up the classroom before and after lessons
|Jan 2012 – Sept 2012
||Learning Support Assistant Cardiff Primary School
Main duties performed:
- Providing support within the classroom (during literacy and numeracy lessons)
- Planning of activities & lessons for literacy on a regular basis
- Teaching 1:1 and small groups (for literacy, phonics, reading, etc.)
- Helping children with any questions they might have regarding the curriculum and refer them to the teacher when appropriate
- Helping children with their playing, learning and social development.
Attended various workshops such as:
- Level 3 Award and Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 2 Diploma in Support Work in Schools
- Level 2 First Aid at Work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to explain a concept or subject in a variety of ways
- Excellent understanding of how children develop and learn
- IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent reading, writing and proofreading skills
- Being patient, polite and understanding at all times and particularly when dealing with learners who have learning difficulties or special needs.
Hobbies and interests
My hobbies are going to the cinema, spending time with my family and friends and babysitting for family members. I also enjoy meeting new people which is also why I have been a volunteer at my local Youth Community Society for the past two years. Recently, I have voluntarily worked at a private nursery to complete my NVQ level 2 in Childcare and Development – something which I am really proud of.
Mr Benjamin Power
Teacher, Woodbridge Academy
3 Chariton Rd, West Town, SN14 3NL
0223 8300 5506
Mr Lewis Young
Head Teacher, Leeds High School
3 Milk Road, Portsmouth, TR4 8GR
0080 6778 4334
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample.
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
Top CV Tips and Guidelines
- Check out the TA Job Description which contains a lot of key terms and ideas that you can use to fully optimise your CV for the job you are applying for.
- Always ensure that your CV makes you look like the ideal candidate who is suitably-qualified for the job and not under or over qualified.
- Question: what to do if you’ve got no experience? You may want decide to do voluntary work at a Nursery, School or Youth/Community center in order to gain some relevant experience in the field.
Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and their parents
Excellent writing skills to write clear and concise reports
Ability to listen to student’s concerns and complaints
Working with other teaching professionals in a supportive and constructive manner
Having the natural ability to offer support to students who need it
Ability to lead, support and inspire students to reach their full potential