I have enjoyed an extensive career teaching secondary school students Chemistry, which has allowed me to gain substantial knowledge and expertise in educating young adolescents. Not only am I highly educated in the Sciences, my years of teaching have vastly improved my teaching abilities. I also believe that my friendly personality and calm temperament are very harmonious with the requirements of a good teacher. My communication skills are excellent; as are my interpersonal skills—which are useful during interactions with students, parents and school administrators alike. Given my teaching track-record and my consistently competent performances; I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to any educational institution.
|2008 – Present
||Chemistry Teacher Edgehill Grammar School 11-18
Main duties performed:
- Teaching students from 11-16 years old the Sciences (Physics, Biology, Chemistry)
- Assisting pupils in meeting grade targets
- Working alongside my colleagues to provide consistent education for all students
- Regularly performing experiments and teaching students how to replicate the experiments under safe conditions
- Writing and marking examination papers
- Marking homework, quizzes and tests weekly
- Educating students on the health and safety regulations in a lab
- Responsible for creating and designing PowerPoint presentations weekly for each individual class on varying subjects
- Reporting back to school administrators on the progresses and behaviours of all the staff in my department
- Responsible for creating booklets and worksheets for my students to work on
- Liaising with school administrators on matters of concern
- Contributing to extra-curricular activities in the department
- Assisting in the running of the Science Club
- Responsible for the expenditure of laboratory equipment
- Organising and delivering training sessions
- Reporting to superiors and the Head of Sciences on any concerns I have about students
|Jun 2006 – Dec 2008
||Assistant Teacher Forrest Academy 11-16
Main duties performed:
- Organising the lab inventory regularly, and ensuring nothing was lost or stolen
- Keeping the laboratory tidy
- Washing and cleaning all the lab equipment which was used during lessons
- Helping students with any queries they have during classes
- Assisting the Chemistry teacher with any tutorials and experiments in front of the class
- Marking students’ homework
- Printing out any worksheets and booklets which are needed for class
- Working with students on both an individual and group basis on activities and workbooks
- Monitoring students’ work performance
- Undergone Initial Teacher Training (ITT)
- Passed Skills Tests for Numeracy, Literacy and Science annually
- Achieved Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Attended and emerged successful in the annual workshops run by the school
- My interpersonal and communication skills have improved immensely during the course of my long-running career, such that I can confidently interact with students, parents, fellow colleagues and my superiors alike.
- I am highly methodical and have steadfast standards of organization—these strict guidelines I set myself ensure that my teaching plans and marking schedules are often meticulous.
- My punctuality and attendance rates are ideal for a professional
- I am a caring and compassionate person who always goes beyond the call of duty to ensure my students are successful and thriving academically.
- I am capable of dealing with troublesome students in a calm, professional way without losing my temper
Hobbies and interests
Outside of class, I like to spend quality time with my family on days out, especially visiting museums and art galleries. I’m also a member of the “Crazy about Science” club, which holds competitions and exhibitions regularly on a national scale.
Mr Leo Parry
Head Teacher, Edgehill Grammar School
95 Oak Road, Scarborough, YO25 7DE
0223 322 2412
Mr Robert Vaughan
Head of Science, Forrest Academy
9 Fore St, Trench, FY5 2FQ
0280 2354 3423
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample (blank).
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
- Length: If you have worked in the field for a long time or you have some substantial work experience to discuss then it is fine to make your CV 3 pages long, although it is generally advisable to limit your CV to 2 A4 pages.
- Science is science: Even though Chemistry is a sub-section of science, the reality is that all branches of science are fundamentally the same in principle and methodology. Any previous work experience or even personal interest or hobby in another related field can still be a real bonus point on your CV!
Written by Sobhan Mohmand
Sobhan is a qualified Careers Advisor and Professional CV Writer with over 10 years of experience in helping job seekers get a job. He is a Member of the Careers Development Institute (CDI) and is listed on the official UK Register of Career Development Professionals. He holds a Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development (QCF).
£22.000 – £45.000
Degree and Work Experience
38+ hours per week
Possessing strong knowledge of science and the scientific methods
Ability to speak in front of a large audience in a clear and audible fashion
Ability to read in a selective and focused manner
Excellent writing skills to write clear and concise reports
Ability to listen to students
Staying focused and avoiding distractions from interfering with work completion
Ability to care for and empathise with students’ needs