I am an energetic, driven and hardworking Facilities Assistant with outstanding time management and customer service skills. I have gained more than three years of experience in this field, and I’m looking forward to utilising my skills and abilities in an organisation where I can make a tangible difference on a daily basis.
|2006 – 2008||Level 3 NVQ in Facilities Management||Seaside College||Results: (Merit, Merit, Distinction)|
- Health, safety and welfare in construction (D)
- Establish and monitor the facilities required by clients (M)
- Project Management (D)
- Monitor and solve customer service problems (M)
- Building surveying (M)
- Manage facilities management projects (D)
- Building regulations and control (M)
|2000 – 2006|
Results: 11 GCSEs at Grades A*-C.
|GCSEs||Greenfield Science School|
|Apr 2013 – Present||Facilities Assistant SEMCO Facilities Services|
Main duties performed:
- Covering the reception from 7.30 am until 8 am, break times and holidays
- Meeting and greeting clients and contractors
- Booking rooms, meetings, caterers, etc.
- Setting up and utilising the IT equipment for meetings and events
- Supporting the Facilities Manager in the day-to-day activities
- Assisting people in and around the workplace
- Ensuring all Health & Safety, legal compliance and procedures are followed
- Liaising with couriers and suppliers
- Basic admin duties such as printing, photocopying and filing
- Performing building checks
- Monitoring CCTV and the premises’ security (including access control)
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Ensuring meeting rooms are clean and tidy before and after a meeting
- Replenishing all consumables (when required)
- Checking stock and ensuring supplies are purchased
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail, packages and other deliverables
- Inspecting and maintaining cleanliness throughout the facilities
- Assisting with the preparation and layout of rooms
- Ensuring emergency repairs are carried out as soon as possible
- Organising the appropriate health & safety training for staff
- Maintaining and updating accurate records and information systems
- Liaising with the different departmental teams within the organisation
- Coordinating all the facility maintenance, repairs and renewals
- Acting as Fire Marshal in the event of an evacuation
|Dec 2012 – Apr 2013||General Building Assistant Belem Housing Ltd.|
Main duties performed:
- Developing relationships with other members of the site team and our tenants
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services.
- Covering the Site Manager’s responsibilities when he is off site
- Performing finance duties such as ordering, POs and invoicing
- Ensuring the building is safe and secure at all times
- Ensuring all stakeholders adhere to Health and Safety Regulations
- Performing security/maintenance checks around the premises
- Accurately logging any problems/issues encountered
- Performing minor cleaning tasks
- Arranging site services for customers
- Ensuring the appropriate procedures are in place and know to staff
- Ensuring the premises are kept in a tidy state
- Contacting suppliers to resolve any problems the customers might have
Professional Training and Qualifications
- Workplace Hazard / Fire Awareness – The British Safety Council
- First Aid (5-day training)
- NVQ Level 2 in Cleaning and Support
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The excellent ability to multitask & prioritise workload
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft: Word, Excel, Access, etc)
- Full, clean UK driving license with my own transport
Hobbies and interests
I find myself to be an outgoing and friendly individual; I love socialising, meeting new people and volunteering at local Community centres. I also regularly go to the gym to keep fit and healthy.
Mr Aidan Adams
Operations Manager, SEMCO Facilities Services Address:
66 New Dover Rd, Walden, DL8 3AU Tel:
0233 233 6543 Email: email@example.com
Mr Joe Begum
Site Manager, Belem Housing Ltd. Address:
24 Casper Way, Hurston, KW17 7EZ Tel:
0253 346 4867 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample.
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
Top CV Tips and Guidelines
- CV with no experience? The good news is that this job is an entry-level position which usually doesn’t require a lot of work experience. In fact, many vacancies clearly state that no previous experience is required and that “full training will be provided.” Having said that, it’s always best to re-arrange the sections of your CV so that it is more focused on your education, skills and achievements rather than your employment history.
- This job involves a lot of physical, hands-on activities and therefore you would want to portray yourself as someone who is active, fit and physically able to deal with all the duties that a Facilities Assistant needs to undertake [read: utilise the Hobbies section for this].
Working on your CV? Awesome!