I am a confident, hardworking and charismatic Barrister with excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to think and process information logically and clearly. I have a strong understanding of the Law and strive to advise my clients on legal matters to the best of my ability. In my current job, I am closely involved with domestic and international human rights law, practice and policy. I have an ongoing passion for resolving legal cases, and I am currently looking to progress my career in a legal role working for an established and progressive company.
|May 2014 – Present
||Barrister Farringdon Barristers Chambers (FBC)
Main duties performed:
- Giving advice, guidance and support to solicitors and clients
- Carrying out legal research and drafting up legal documents
- Understanding, interpreting and applying the law to individual cases
- Offering strong and reliable advice with regards to clients’ cases and explaining the strength of the arguments to be presented
- Regularly communicating with clients related to the progress of their case(s)
- Ensuring all cases are correctly prepared for court
- Negotiating settlements between customers and third parties
- Representing clients in court charged with a variety of crimes including sexual, drugs and violent offences
- Examining and cross-examining witnesses
- Keeping up to date with national and international current affairs, law and policy
|Feb 2013 – Apr 2014
||Legal Secretary FBC
Main duties performed:
- Responding to all correspondents via a number of different platforms including email, telephone and in some cases social media
- Organising online diaries and meetings between internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing legal documentation and paperwork
- Ensuring all records are stored correctly and made accessible to the correct individuals when needed
- Processing legal documentation, including the delivery and collection from external partners
- Carrying out general admin work
- Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC)
- NVQ Level 4 in Legal Advice
- ECDL – British Computing Society
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong research and analytical skills, demonstrated in providing accurate advice to clients with a successful outcome
- Excellent knowledge of the law, business practices and government regulations
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information and adhering to the relevant Data Protection and Privacy laws
- Able to work in high pressured environments and remaining calm and professional in all circumstances
- Ability to work with people from all backgrounds
Hobbies and interests
In my spare time, I enjoy reading non-fiction books and watching reality TV programmes such as Judge Judy and Judge Rinder. I also enjoy going out to restaurants with my family and friends.
Mr Jayden Baker
Senior Law Consultant, FBC
13 Osborne Road, Walsall, DE1 2UH
0223 2795 9964
Mr Isaac Morgan
75 Nelson St, Wareham, W1 1RD
0780 6648 8372
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample (blank).
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
- CV length: It is generally recommended to limit the length of your CV to 2 A4 pages. For certain professionals with senior-level jobs and extensive work experience, it is acceptable to go into 3 pages whenever absolutely required. However, short and concise CVs are still favourable.
Written by Sobhan Mohmand
Sobhan is a qualified Careers Advisor and Professional CV Writer with over 10 years of experience in helping job seekers get a job. He is a Member of the Careers Development Institute (CDI) and is listed on the official UK Register of Career Development Professionals. He holds a Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development (QCF).
£12.000 – £80.000
Degree and Relevant Work Experience
38+ hours per week
Ability to communicate effectively with clients and legal professionals
Excellent writing skills to write clear and concise legal documents, reports and statements
Possessing sound and specialist knowledge of the law
Attention to Detail
Paying attention to every aspect of the client’s case and ensuring that no “small details” are overlooked
Excellent organisation skills to balance a heavy workload
Ability to search and examine a matter in a focused manner