I am a hard working, confident, creative and self-driven (Graduate) Communications Assistant with over three years of work experience seeking a long-term position in the Marketing and Communications sectors. I have an excellent track-record of supporting operations of companies and making a significant and tangible difference to their performances.
|2009 – 2012
||BA Business Studies BSc (Hons)
- Brand Strategy
- Functions of Organisations
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Introduction to Visual Basic
|2007 – 2009
|BTEC Higher Nationals in Business
- Organisations and Behaviour
- Business Decision-Making
- Marketing Planning and Intelligence
- Managing Communications, Knowledge and Information
- Advertising and Promotion in Business
- Employee Relations
- The Internet and E-Commerce
- Business Ethics
|Mar 2013 – Present
||Communications Assistant Nottingham Trent University
Main duties performed:
- Creating and developing student case studies for marketing purposes
- Collecting and uploading student profiles on the University website
- Coordinating and organising events (e.g. Open Days, Graduation, etc.)
- Liaising with design agencies to produce leaflets, banners, and prospectuses.
- Writing and publishing press releases and news stories
- Editing and proof-reading marketing materials (both online and hardcopy)
- Managing and updating the departmental staff intranet
- Ensuring all the information on the website is accurate and up to date
- Supporting the administrative teams with their internal communications
- Organising meetings between internal and external stakeholders
- Providing accurate information to students, parents and staff
- Writing articles tailored particularly towards a student audience
- Managing Social Media Campaigns
- Assisting with PR campaigns
- Organising external visits and arranging meetings
- Conducting interviews with staff, students and potential employees
- Assisting with administration tasks
|Dec 2012 – Mar 2013
||Marketing Trainee NEXT Teaching Centre
Main duties performed:
- Uploading images, stories and information on the CMS
- Contributing to the marketing of the organisation’s products and services
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) to improve the website’s ranking
- Managing Facebook and Google Adwords Campaigns
- Getting testimonials from customers and publishing it on the website
- Performing market research
- Producing press releases
- Communicating with clients, press, suppliers and members of the public
- General Admin duties; phoning, filing, photocopying, etc.
- Level 3 in Literacy
- Level 2 Better Communication Skills at Work – Hemsley Fraser
- Level 2 Award in Effective Team Member Skills – ILM
- Exceptional communications skills (both oral and written)
- Confident and professional in dealing with people from all levels of seniority
- Excellent IT Skills (Microsoft Office; e-Mail, CMSs, etc.)
Hobbies and interests
In my spare time, I like to surf the web, watching movies and socialising with my friends, family and colleagues. I have a big passion for helping with the organisation of events/activities which is one of the reasons why I volunteer at a local School.
Mr Ryan Ali
Marketing Manager, Nottingham Trent University
76 Northgate St, Thalamus, HS2 5GB
0206 4855 2347
Mr James Black
Officer Manager, NEXT Teaching Centre
6 Fox Lane, Blackley, GL56 1DW
0253 3472 3245
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample.
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
- Ask yourself: does your CV demonstrate that you have excellent communication skills? Arguably the most important aspect of this role is communicating with a variety of different people through several of different communications channels (online, face-to-face or through email). It is your job to reassure the prospective employer looking through your CV that you possess this vital attribute for the job and that you are a “people person” – refer to the CV example above to see how you can achieve this.
- The first impression is vital for securing any job, but this is especially the case for this position since you will be entrusted with interacting, conveying, publishing and speaking on behalf of the company to a variety of internal and external stakeholders through different mediums and channels. There is little tolerance for embarrassing the company or putting it into a negative light, and therefore the prospective employers will always ask themselves at any interaction: “Is this the articulate, professional and loyal candidate that I am looking for?” Tip: Ensure that you are professional and considerate at all times when dealing with the prospective employer!
Written by Sobhan Mohmand
Sobhan is a qualified Careers Advisor and Professional CV Writer with over 10 years of experience in helping job seekers get a job. He is a Member of the Careers Development Institute (CDI) and is listed on the official UK Register of Career Development Professionals. He holds a Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development (QCF).
£15.000 – £25.000
Degree or Relevant Work Experience
37+ hours per week
Ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and effectively to a wide range of audiences
Making phone calls in a clear and professional manner
Excellent writing skills to write clear and concise reports, statements, press releases and articles
Excellent listening skills during meetings and other business interactions
Demonstrating a professional conduct at all times
Ability to speak in front of a large audience in a clear and audible fashion