I am a confident, competent and driven Economist with over four years working experience for both public and private sector organisations. I am competent in the use of various statistical software and I have experience in financial modelling, investment analysis, valuation of transactions, business planning and market trends analysis.
|Jan 2014- Present||Economist 360 Analyses|
Main duties performed:
- Produced in-depth research papers on economic trends and forecasts
- Producing and presenting strategic reports to senior management, key decision makers, fellow economists, company directors and government officials in order to assist them in making medium to long-term decisions
- Presented papers during local & international conferences and meetings
- Developing risk models which take into consideration a number of variables such as growth, inflation and current debt levels
- Providing tailored research to clients on topics of their choosing
- Performing in-depth research and trend analysis into major financial markets
- Conducting cost/benefit analysis on projects and business endeavours
- Examining growth rates, risk factors and forecasts on behalf of clients
- Converting data into meaningful information
- Writing press releases regarding current economic issues
- Drafting of monthly and quarterly market reviews and currency outlooks
- Performing cost management analysis on private companies
- Participation in investment projects on behalf of the organisation
- Preparing financial charts and tables for analysis and presentations
- Performing budget management and monitoring duties
- Gathering intelligence on various economic issues affecting the markets
- Conducting detailed business feasibility studies
- Providing macroeconomic forecasts for the Treasury
- Supervised junior members of staff in their day-to-day tasks
|Jul 2011- Dec 2013||Assistant Economist Excellent Finance Ltd|
Main duties performed:
- Developed a Microsoft Access database to store data
- Conducted statistical analysis using software such as SAS & SPSS
- Researched on the latest economic trends affecting the markets
- Performed general financial analysis
- Prepared reports for senior managers and clientele
- Presented key reports to relevant authorities via reports and verbal presentations
- Performed fact-checking tasks of documents
- Ordinary Member of the Royal Economic Society
- IBM SPSS Statistics Level 1 v2
- Level 2 ECDL – BCS
- Business acumen: I have the ability to effectively analyse business financials and data, forecast any future business opportunities and encourage progression in key areas of the organisation.
- Computer skills: Computer literate and fully conversant in the use of a variety of statistical software, including SAS, SPSS and Minitab.
- Numeracy Skills: Adept at performing mathematical operations and making sense of complex economic and financial statements and data.
- Time management Skills: Capable of multi-tasking, prioritising tasks and utilising the available resources in order to get the job done on time and in the most efficient manner.
Hobbies and interests
In my spare time, I enjoy meeting up with my friends and family, and I currently volunteer as a guest columnist for my local paper, The Daily Herald. I also enjoy reading business and economics magazines such as the Economist and Financial Times.
Mr Aidan Smith
Economist, 360 Analyses Address:
1 Carrington St, Kent, LE72 0PR Tel:
0823 3521 5425 Email: email@example.com
Mr Ben Burton
Manager, Excellent Finance Ltd Address:
53 Chimney Lane, Cornwall, SW8 4JU Tel:
0780 8932 4361 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample (blank).
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
- Work experience: Securing a job as an Economist has become more competitive over the years and the successful candidates are almost always those who have the most work experience in the field. It is essential that your CV contains many real-world examples of your skills, abilities and previous work experiences that will enable you to be successful at this job.
£25.000 – £50.000
Degree and Relevant Work Experience
38+ hours per week
Ability to communicate effectively with clients
Excellent numeracy skills to make accurate financial projections
Having a sound commercial awareness and knowledge of business conventions, practises and strategies
Having excellent knowledge of computers and analytical software
Ability to analyse complex business finances and market information
Eye for Detail
Ensuring that no “small details” are overlooked when performing financial analysis