|Jul 2015 – Present
||Gas Engineer HomeFix
Main duties performed:
- Responding to routine maintenance and emergency calls from customers
- Providing customers with accurate quotes and timescales for jobs
- Being professional, responsible and safe at work at all times
- Providing excellent customer service at all times and to all customers
- Connecting and disconnecting all types of appliances
- Carrying out inspections, repairs and upgrades
- Installing electric meters and other home devices
- Performing basic heating and plumbing repairs if and when required
- Ensuring all work meets the standards laid down by the company and the Health and Safety guidelines and policies
- Using computerised fault finding equipment to search for and repair gas leaks
- Keeping, recording and updating accurate details of work carried out
- Coaching and teaching newly qualified gas engineers
- Visiting customer’s properties and offices on a regular basis
|Jan 2015 – Jun 2015
||Gas Service Technician Smart Heat Ltd.
Main duties performed:
- Diagnosing faults and problems with boilers and other gas appliances
- Assisting in the installation of gas boilers and central heating systems
- Making sure that building logs are kept up-to-date as new parts are installed
- Producing administration documents for customers
- Carrying out tests to ensure that there are no leaks in the property
- Referring cases to senior Gas Technicians when required
- Building good relations with customers and ensuring that their needs are met
- Adhering to Health and Safety practices at all times
- General Admin duties
|2013 – 2015
||Level 3 Diploma in Gas Utilisation
||Grade achieved: Distinction|
- Personal Development and Communication Skills
- The Scientific Side of Gas
- Industry Standards and Regulations
- Gas Health and Safety
- Combustion and Properties of Gas
- Buildings and Structures
- Practical Skills: Installation, Servicing and Aftercare
|2006 – 2012
Results: 11 GCSEs at Grades A*-C.
||Montgomery Secondary School
- Registered on the Gas Safe Register
- Completed the Nationally Accredited Gas Certification Scheme
- Central Heating training, 2015
- Excellent customer service and communication skills used on a daily basis to communicate with customers about their faults and issues
- Outstanding organisational skills that allow me to fit in emergency customers when needed and have the ability to change my priorities rapidly
- Proficient in all aspects of Security and public awareness
- Fully qualified and experienced to work all types of boilers and appliances
- Able to work under pressure and making quick decisions when required
- Natural problem-solver and being able to think on the spot
- Clean driving license with own method of transportation
Hobbies and interests
My main hobby is learning and playing the guitar. I also enjoy spending time socialising with my friends and going to events, concerts and fun days out to meet new people and develop my social and people skills in the process.
Mr David Black
Senior Gas Engineer, HomeFix
40 Summer Rd, Surrey, SU11 8DK
0744 6578 9964
Mr John Miller
Manager, Smart Heat Ltd.
7 Clark Rd, Leeds, LI19 2HS
0855 4568 8932
Please note: the above CV Example is presented in the UK format and layout.
Click here to download the above CV Sample (blank).
COLLECTION: You may also want to browse through our collection of Free CV Templates and download any of the editable CVs to create your own (available in Microsoft Word format and convertible to PDF).
- Education vs. Work Experience: Having relevant work experience is essential for this job, and the work of a Gas Engineer is predominantly practical and hands-on with little theory work required. It is, therefore, advisable that you should place your “Employment” section of your CV before the “Education” section to emphasise your practical skills and abilities.
- Working Hours: This role is usually not a 9-5 job, and you may be required to work outside these normal working hours, on weekends and during the evening. You could state your availability on your CV as “Flexible with working hours” or “Willing to work unsociable hours, weekends and holidays.”
Written by Sobhan Mohmand
Sobhan is a qualified Careers Advisor and Professional CV Writer with over 10 years of experience in helping job seekers get a job. He is a Member of the Careers Development Institute (CDI) and is listed on the official UK Register of Career Development Professionals. He holds a Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development (QCF).
Excellent interpersonal skills to build business relationships with customers
Methodically running different projects and meeting deadlines
Having hands-on experience with inspecting, diagnosing, upgrading and installing gas appliances
Ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy in a given task
Ability to identify and solve difficult problems as a matter of urgency
Relating to customer’s needs and offering appropriate advice and solutions